We sure see and hear more about testosterone these days. Talk about testosterone can be heard on the radio and on television. Here are some quick facts and tips about testosterone you may not know. At the end of this post are articles on this website that go into many of these testosterone tips and facts in more detail.
- Testoterone (an androgen) is the major hormone of desire or libido in both men and women.
- Low testosterone adversely effects the entire body.
- There are many non-sexual symptoms of low testosterone in addition to the more commonly know sexual effects.
- A man or woman can have symptoms of low testosterone despite having “normal” testosterone levels.
- Diabetics are more likely to develop low T, and men with testosterone deficiency are more likely to become diabetic.
- Healthy testosterone levels are good for the heart and cardiovascular system.
- There are many options available to treat testosterone deficiency in men and women.
- Testosterone therapy requires close medical supervision of an experienced physician.
- Testosterone levels can be improved through proper eating and exercise.
- There are nutritional supplements that can boost testosteone levels in some men.
- Testosterone is the only hormone that is a controlled substance at the Federal level. Why?
- Testosterone does not cause prostate cancer.
See articles related to testosterone tips.